Just like the twins in the classic movie, the Mini K87 and Mini K47 look a little different. Each has talents of its own.
No one mic is perfect for every source. So we've bundled two different-sounding mics together. These two microphones will let you cover a huge range of sonic territory.
Do you prefer a mic with some color on your voice or acoustic? Try the Mini K47. Do you need a more neutral mic for distorted guitar or female vocals? Try the Mini K87.
Or do you want to play with two different mics together? Maybe put the Mini K87 up close on the Leslie, and the Mini K47 farther back in the room...
How about unconventional stereo miking? Sure, we sell matched stereo pairs, but where's the rule that stereo mics have to sound the same? Some of the best recordings in history came from engineers who broke the rules, and invented entirely new techniques.
The Mini K Mixed Pair lets you record a diverse array of instruments and voices -- in mono, near-and-far, or in stereo. This pair lets you choose the mic and technique that give you the best sound from every source.
Mini K Mixed Pairs at a glance:
|K47, 34mm, single backplate
|K67/K87, 34mm, dual backplate
|"Mid forward" frequency response
|Neutral frequency response
|Adding color and presence to a source
|Capturing detail without hype or enhancement
You can, of course, configure a mixed pair of any two of the five models in the Mini K product line. Click here to configure your own custom pair.
Features (of both mics)
- Rugged steel body withstands a lifetime of use
- Non-resonant "Cutaway" suspension mount prevents mechanical vibrations from affecting your tracks
- Meticulous multi-step QC process and 24-hr "burn in" ensure that the mics just work and sound great
The Spectre Sound Review of the Mini K47
Glenn Fricker put the Mini K47 through its paces, and reported the full story in this video:
The Mixdown Online Review of the Mini K87
Chris Selim of Mixdown Online tried the mics on vocals, guitar, and drums. Here is his full review:
- When we put the Roswell Mini K-47s up and had a listen, my house engineer at Sunset Sound and I were stunned. They have a smooth detailed sound, without being overly bright. The Mini K47 is warm, and don't sound inexpensive. It is a true "no-brainer" for anyone who is looking for a great mic at a great value.
- Ross Hogarth, Grammy Award Nominated Engineer and Producer