Introducing the Colares
The Roswell Colares® at a glance:
- 251 style voicing in a solid-state design
- Vintage FET/Transformer circuit
- Rich harmonics, plus a saturation-defeat switch
- High output, very low noise
- 3-way high-pass filter
- Designed, assembled, tested, and tuned in California
- USD $1259 (includes flightcase and Rycote shockmount)
- I recorded male and female vocals both with the Colares and a Brauner VM1. It might please you to know that to my very old-fashioned ears, the Colares sounded fatter. Perhaps not truer but definitely fatter. Which is precisely [the sound] I was attempting to attain.
- Colares owner Arthur K.
- Yes, the Colares can be exceptionally colorful and "character driven," and that’s what makes it special--but with its unique pad, it can be an entirely different, neutral and "invisible" mic, which makes it really valuable. Its ability to express both personalities well makes the Colares a secret weapon mic, one worthy of being toted around in that travel case, able to handle just about anything thrown at it. It’s $1,259 direct from Roswell and worth every penny.
- Rob Tavaglione, Pro Sound News
- The Colares delivered [vocal] detail in an extremely impressive way. I feel like the only other microphones that have given me as much detail as the Colares cost five to ten times as much.
- Eli Crews, Tape Op Magazine
Detailed Product Information
Find a full description of the circuit design, components, and specifications on the Colares product page.