Introducing the Mini K87
The Roswell Mini K87 at a glance:
- Large-diaphragm studio condenser
- Genuine brass 34mm K87 capsule with gold-plated diaphragm
- Compact size to facilitate positioning
- Designed, assembled, tested, tuned, and "burned in" in California
- Clean transformerless circuit with very low distortion
- Neutral tonality without hype or harshness
- Includes custom screw-on shockmount and metal flightcase
- USD $439 for a single mic
- USD $949 for the factory matched pair (in a custom stereo case)
- Sold direct from Roswell Pro Audio (free shipping, with financing available) or via our international network of dealers
Mini K87 Testimonials
- I love this mic, I love its price, and I love its accessories. I’ve been telling everyone who will listen to buy a pair of them. My prediction is that Roswell will sell a ton of them, because when you make something this good, people notice.
- Eli Crews, Tape Op Magazine
- The Mini K87s work incredibly well on acoustic & electric instruments and vocals. They're extended frequency response and natural sound works wonders on any source not unlike U67s. I love using them as room mics on drums. Crush them with Distressors and you've got gold.
- Paul Smith, 8 Days A Week Studio
- If you want forward color, pick the Mini K47. If you want neutral with a touch of richness, go with the Mini K87. The best part is still the mini- price of the new Roswell Mini K87—at $399 street, I might recommend a Mini K87 pair, or a Mini K47/87 combo, possibly before I’d consider a single $800 - $900 mic. Seriously, these mics sound that good.
- Paul Vnuk, Recording Magazine
The Mixdown Online Review
Chris Selim of Mixdown Online tried the mics on vocals, guitar, and drums. Here is his full review:
Detailed Product Information
Find a full description of the circuit design, components, and specifications on the Mini K47 product page.